To Shaun, and all Canadians here . . .

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
Though the final score was not to my liking, congratulations to one of the best olympic hockey games I've seen. Fitting that the game had to go to overtime to decide who got the gold.

I'm buying virtual Molson's to all the Canadians. Here's to a great game!

[Broken External Image]:

I can't say enough about that game. It was incredible for both teams right to the last goal. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I have to say that I was SO devastated on that goal by Parise with 20 seconds left, but our emerging national icon solidified his spot in Canadian Hockey History and that devastation turned into utter elation.

I can't believe how hard the US fought to make their way to the final and they honestly couldn't have made it more of an entertaining game. If anything, this experience will just solidify the bond between our two great countries!

I understand it was the 30th Anniversary of the "Miracle on Ice," and thats fantastic for you guys, but we needed this one....boy o boy, did we ever. Something like 45% of Canadians polled by CTV would consider the entire Olympic games a complete bust if we didn't take the Gold in Hockey - which is rediculous, but whatever, that's public opinion for ya. (Also, Canada has a massive inferiority complex when it comes to the United States. lol)

It was great to see the sportsmanship and professionalism displayed by both teams after the game. It certainly was a different scene then during the Women's final. I know it is a disappointing and heartbreaking moment, but for god sakes, those girls seemed rude and ungrateful while receiving the silver medal.

All of Canada is in celebration mode. In all my memories of Olympic events, none has been so wildly successful for Canadians, what with the all time record for Winter Olympic Gold medals! Its impossible to deny that the United States absolutely owned the entire games though.

Up here, this hockey game is being billed as one of the best hockey games ever. I don't know how well that will go over with you guys!

:haveabeer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Being American (specifically Californian), I didn't get my first real taste of ice hockey until the '80 olympics when I was 16 (insert old man jokes here). Hockey coverage here spotty at best until 1991 when San Jose got the Sharks franchise. Been hooked since.

Alright -- all will be forgiven if the five medals won will rub off on my SAN JOSE SHARKS !

Game on (again) . . .

Good Job Canada, Great Game

Congratulations. :banana::banana::banana:

Wish the Olympics could go back to all amateurs, tho it will never happen.

Great game. I'll drink a Canadian beer to celebrate. Must admit I'm not a fan of Molson's. Can you Canucks recommend anything better?

TomT, if you drink crappy American beer, which is the definition of swill, any foreign beer will be better.

You don't like Molson's...please tell me that you ALSO do not like Bud/Coors/Miller.

(Of course, with hops, the crop designed to rip beer drinkers off in all ways, all beer is urine, but American beer is especially.)

The most watched Canadian TV program of ALL TIME!!!

Hard to top the 1982 "Miracle On Ice", this one did.

Hockey fans in Hawaii, eh? You bet! This final is the new standard, which all will be compared, pro or amateur. Period.

Hope they release it on Blu-Ray. (Guaranteed)

Now if I could get the best beer in existence, Molson Golden. Has NOT been available in Hawaii for a long time.

I say dump the Corona, (crap) and bring back Molson Golden. (Tastes great without a lime wedge) :haveabeer:

Every game during the Olympics were great. Congrats to Canada and I couldn't really figure who to root for. Of course the USA team came in the underdogs and showed we "Americans" know how to play Hockey, but my main man Crosby was playing for the Gold also. So, all-in-all, it was a win-win situation for me.:haveabeer:

TomT, if you drink crappy American beer, which is the definition of swill, any foreign beer will be better.

You don't like Molson's...please tell me that you ALSO do not like Bud/Coors/Miller.

You couldn't pay me to drink any of those. I prefer a beer like Newcastle's Brown Ale or Shiner Bock.

Moosehead is the best Canadian beer

but dont tell my boss

( I work for labatt)

Molson is Coors (covers corona in canada)

Labatt is Bud/Busch

a nice Kokanee is good too (the labatt beer I drink)

and work gives me 2 free 24s a month

moosehead tastes like swamp water to me!!!

Keith's is a much better East Coast beer than Moosehead. I can agree with you on the Kokanee though.

Latest posts