Today,s project

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eldon Webb

Reaction score
Today I installed a Flex-A-Lite 180 electric fan on my 01 4X4. It was much easier than I thought it would be. Just followed the directions that came with it. The fan in conjuction with the underdrive pully really makes her really quiet running except for the intake system and exaust system. The fan is extremely quiet. I also installed a remote switch under the dash. My one concern is ,should I wire into the air conditioning compressor so the fan comes on when the compressor does or is it not necessary? Any ideas or opinions? :unsure::)

You will need the fan for the A/C. The air coming across the condenser is what makes the system work. Without the fan wired in the point where it condenses will be at a different location within the system. If it is too far down the line it will affect the evaporator system and may allow the actually condensed coolant to enter the compressor. The fluid will not compress and will damage the compressor. Only in the Gas form should it be allowed to enter the compressor..

So yes, wire it in...

Yup, that is a must...

Could install a smaller pusher in front (if enough room) and connect to the ac....

Todd Z

Eldon, it is the grey with white stripe wire that comes out of the connector on the AC pump, It is only two wires, put in a tap with a spade and your done.

Todd Z

ok guys, forgive my ingnorance on this. I am knew to this. what is this fan for. I also have an 01 4x4 that I just bought about 2 months ago and I have already started getting the fever to really makes some mods. but alot of this is knew to me.

thanks,

james

Eldon,

Submit a project. You get a wrench by your name and you get that fuzzy feeling of helping someone out, namely me. :D

I really want to install an electric fan when I have everything apart doing the UD pulley.

Tom