Todd Z- RE: Torque specs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Lewis

Reaction score
ToddZ

They are the factory aluminum wheels and the front are green on all studs and the rear has one pinkish colored stud (I'm somewhat red green color blind so it could be some other shade close to those!! HAHA) Why two different colors?? Is that to specify wich torque socket to use?? B/T/W, the reason I need the specs is because I just replaced the stock brakes with SP Performance slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads front and rear. No long term data yet but so far they are far superior to stock!! Now have all kinds of braking power!! Broke them in acording to Hawk procedure too. Very happy with them so far !

I also just received and used the X-Cal2 from Wayne. So far I only have used the 87 performance tune, but you can realy tell the diff between it and stock. Now all I need is an exhaust sytem and a throttle body upgrade ! Heard you can help there.

Rich,

I saw this below, Just haven't got back to you..sorry...

The colors are really useless now, they are for factory balancing and alignment.. If you want you can align the valve stem up with the odd colored stud, but it is not necessary, unless for some reason you get a vibration...

All you have to do is just tighten the lug nuts to 95 or so and your good to go.. Don't go higher than 95 with the factory aluminum rims..

As far a t-body's go I can help, BUT i only have 5 that are modded and I think there there where 4 people that wanted them at the upcoming Louisville meet, SO I will have to get back on that to you...

Exhaust, How loud do you want, Sound, and do you want single or dual exhaust???

Todd Z

I would like a cat back with duals out the rear. I want a nice mellow growl but not to harsh on the interior. (to please the wife) Any suggestions?

Flowmaster SUV 50 single in , dual out with 2.25 inch pipe...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator: