Tonneau cover for 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a 07 XLT, I had to order the hard tonneau cover and bed extender, which should be in next week. Is the bed water proof with the tonneau on? I carry a lot of electronic equipment during the day and was wondering if it would be safe in there if it is raining heavily?

I also have an 07 XLT with the factory-installed hard tonneau cover. I've had it since June 13 and during that time northeast Ohio has been hammered by heavy rains. I've also travelled back and forth between Cleveland and South Bend several times in the rain. I have yet to find a single indication of any water leakage in the bed area.

Good luck with yours!

My tonneau leaked in the middle where it folds. Every rain results in a few drops back there. Also, I've gotten water in there when pressure washing (should be no surprise). I would carry waterproof containers for your electronic equipment just to be safe.

I bought my ST on Friday and it rained almost all weekend here. There is a little seepage I have found but mostly as a side effect from opening and closing the rear of the truck. With that being said if I were hauling around PC's/monitors/random electronics for short excursions I wouldn't be too concerned but if I was putting electronics in the back that would be there for days or weeks at a time I would have a secondary case.

Latest posts