Tonneau Cover Part Needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Crickey

Reaction score
The rubber hinge end cap on the passenger side of my 2003 factory tonneau cover has disappeared. I have pictures of the part in my library. Does anyone have a factory tonneau that they no longer use and would be willing to sell this part to me.

Have you tried the dealer for the part?..I know that others here have been able to get some repair parts...maybe even a pic a part salvage yard...

Thanks for the reply. I checked the dealer and they wanted $46. I thought that was a bit steep. I am going to check local salvage yards, just haven't had the time yet.

I have an extra set as they are sold in pairs. I ordered 2 (one for each side) and each box had two end caps. I beleive I had to drill out some rivets to replace mine. What condition is the underside of the tonneau that would allow the end cap to fall out/off?

Just ran a search of over 1000 yards. Found about 200 covers out there. Many have minor scratches but will not separate them for parts. Did find one yard listing it with cracks. I suggest calling them as they may sell the parts.

Pickup Bed

Ford Explorer BLK COVER ONLY FACTORY MINOR CRACK 000 A

0 MARIN $

actual Al's Auto Parts USA-CO(Denver) Request_Quote 1-303-573-6170 / 1-800-726-4220 Request_Insurance_Quote

Since they are sold in pairs, that explains the high price.

Bob,

Would you be willing to sell me your extra passenge side cap? Email me with price, payment information <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>

I don't know what would cause the cap to fall off, my cover is in great shape. I do use it alot and remove it alot.

CoastieJoe,

Thanks for the information, I will give them a call.

Maybe it's a 2003 thing. Mine did the same thing(same side) and the cover is in great shape and I never take it off. I wonder how many people had the same problem?