Tonneau cover parts needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed C

Reaction score
I have an OEM folding tonneau and one of the rubber pieces that go on the ends of the hinge must've fell off, any Ideas on getting a replacement? I'll like to keep the bed watertight. While I'm here, I'm also having problems with the tonneau not locking automaticaly, it takes a lot of messing with to get it to lock, is there anything I can do to correct that? I just got my ST (used) and I love it!

Thanks in advance

Ed

Welcome to the site, and good luck with the truck...

Ed, I think the rubber pieces can be bought from the dealer, not sure...

AS far as it not locking, Spray lube in the bottom of the lock and where the cable connects on each side of the cover.. IF you turn the key you will see the cables move on the sides. When you release the key, the cables do not spring back. Lube that and you will be fine...

IF it does stick on you, the slot on either side, you can push with your finger, the cable and it will move back to the lock position.

Todd Z

Thanks, I tryed to lube the cable and it didn't really work. I've been using the finger push method that you described . I'm just afraid that it will pop open on me as some people mentioned on previous posts. Anyways, I still love the ST. Thanks again.

Ed

Ed, I lost the rubber hinge end cap just the other day. I stopped by a local Ford dealer and they gave me some info. The part number is #28550E and the genius behind the parts counter said it would be "around" $46. I told him that seemed awful high and he said that it was a "kit". I asked him what the kit contained and he could not provide that information. I think I am going to check some local salvage yards. Let me know if you have any luck finding that part.