Took the plunge on an 08

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Cifelli

Reaction score
Been considering it for a while. Finally took the plunge on a silver 08 limited. Must say i'm having a blast wiith the sync system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

I am enjoying mine as well.

My Sync works but the phone book doesn't transfer.

Probably phone incapatability.:(

The Sync is pretty cool, except for my phone will not voice activate.

The Sync works good with my MP3 player.

I did find the Radio will display radio station stuff.

RBBS function on. I got the upgraded system.

Post some pics soon!

Bud

Yeah I love my Sync system too, just wish my STA would have came with teh DVD/Nav system:(. What other options did you get?

I like the Sync system but it's pretty over rated in my opinion. A bluetooth ear set would be better because I could use it at the office and at home. Also, I won't need to put the windows up everytime I have to talk on the phone while driving if it's in the right ear.

Sync is horrible with my Ipod. It's a huge pita to navigate it. 90% of the verbal comands don't work with the audio.

I sell Sync every day but it's not the best method for media in your vehicle.

Ericc

Your thread is useless without pics, pics are mandatory.

I just bought a new Roush stage 3 today, pls note that I have posted a pic.[Broken External Image]:

ericc,

CONGRATS on your new trac :)

doug,

it sucks that ford cannot provide those type of options in a 40k vehicle. or maybe make it standard.

in my 07, i havr the read dvd and nav. but now you cant get it ? silly

budfromgumball:

Make sure your phone is set to allow voice dialing. Even if you have to train your phone to use voice dialing, setting simply to use voice dial should alloow it to work on the Sync system (and you don't need to train it or set all your entries in your phone book to voice... just make sure its on, and you can do at least one voice call with your handset, and you should be good). That was the case with my wifes Motorola phone.

Count me as a fan of Sync, works extremely well with my Blackberry Curve and my wifes Motorola Razor... even with the windows open!

Eric