Took This in On Trade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
This guy just traded an 2008 Shelby GT500 with 2000 miles for a 09 Lincoln MKS Loaded AWD.

I'm drooling. How can I concentrate on work with this outside my office window. We are sending it straight to auction.

Bill;

Would love to find one with this miledge for 28K... Cheque ready! :)

Got a chance to drive one at Calabogie Motorsports park. Had a pulley upgrade and an aftermarket development brake package... A pretty fun car for the money thats for sure!!!

Eric

We put $36,500 into it. It ACVs at $36,000.

He could do better if he waiting to trade in the spring but he doesn't want to sit on the car that long.

The sticker on this thing was over $47,000.

Sad thing is, two yrs ago they were getting 80K for them, easy.

My local dealer has 6 coupes 42K without NAV 44K with, 0ne fully equiped vert for 45.

Brand new 09s with 0 miliage.

No rebates, no incentives.

Think about it. The economy is in the dump. It's not really the time of year people in upstate, NY buzz about buying a 500hp rear wheel drive vehicle.

For our area, currently, It's not much of a hot seller. If we send it to auction it will open our buyer pool up and maybe we can get close to our $36,500 back out of it. Otherwise we will end up sitting on this car all winter long paying floor plan on it.

Wow... if our Canadian dollar against the US was still as high as it was earlier in the year I may actually have looked seriously at picking one of these up in the US. They are still going for much more up here... Limited supply I guess...

Your right about winter not being the time to sell one of these though...

Eric

If the truth be know, you can buy a new G.T.

put a whipple or the new roush TVS blower on it, Steeda suspension and brakes.

And have a car that will eat the shelby 500.

For alot less than even a used shelby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardly True form a collector stand point. You're buying more than the car when you buy a Shelby. That's common knowledge to anyone who loves these cars.

According to our auction data and about 25min of online auction research...The Shelby GT500 has a higher residual value than just about any other type of Mustang. Roush nor Saleen hold their values like the Shelby does.

At the end of 10 years you still have a Shelby. Versus a modded GT with a slew of aftermarket parts that probably rape your warranty....you still have a Mustang GT as far as residual value is concerned.

Shelby is the better buy for the long haul. I say it and so does history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not by currant history.

The Shelbys of the 60s and 70 are indeed collectable, and were made in very small numbers.

Not true of the shelby 500s.

So I have friends that paid 80K for there shelby 500, which is worth maybe 30 today on a good day 35.

So they have taken a 45K bath, how many decades will it take for the cars to be worth what they paid for it,most likley never..

Anyone that buys a mass produced car today thinking that it will become collectable is a lunitic.

My Roush is one of 42 made in my color, ain't worth a hill of beans.

But I had no elusions of it becoming a collectable, it never will be.

Bill;

Do you have Hemorrhoids?

Also, your "friends" must be have the IQ of a fool if the paid $80k for a GT500....

It wasn't your post.

But once again, you're a Mouse Jockey and you have to throw out your $.02 worth of garbage. Who are you trying to impress? Evidently yourself.

Why don't you get a life?

Being a negative butt hole all the time only proves your ignorance.

Sorry guys. I just reached my breaking point with another negative Mouse Jockey that has nothing better to do in life but publish how great he is, at the expense of others.

GET A LIFE BILL.

I'm gone.

Latest posts