TOOL BOX IDEAS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Barker

Reaction score
I'm looking for different tool box ideas for my 2002 Sport Trac. I would like a box about 40 inches wide, 12" deep, and about 18" high. I would like the box to go from one side of the bed to the other, about 12" deep to allow for easy access with the front tonnau cover up, and about 18" high to use all available space.

Any suggestions and pictures would be appreciated!

With the one piece top lid on that box, it looks like the OEM tonneau would block the opening of the lid. Most one piece tonneaus would allow the lid to open though (it appears).

I like the looks of that box but am not willing to go without the bed extender.

The bed extender still hooks up. You cant flip it over though. You have to take it off when not in use.

The price off the tool box, $100...

I like the rolling tool box that I got from either Lowes or Home Depot. I can get to it from the front cover and work out of it there or pull it out and wheel it to where I need it. I can remove it when I need the entire bed for something. Actually two would fit if you had that much needed tool box space.

Here is a picture from when I installed my bed lights. I can take a better picture if you need to see it. What is nice it fits under the key cylinders that hang done off of the top.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pics in my library, not sure if that's what you're looking for but it works.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: