Top Gear TV show

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaninVa

Reaction score
Just curious... Does anyone watch this show on BBCAmerica? I think these guys are hilarous. The American version on History channel sucks.

Yeah, I really like the BBC version and, you are correct, IMO...the American version does suck, big time!

'07 ST:driving:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I never miss it. The episode where they filled the inside of the cars with water to see how far they could drive them before the water leaked out is still my fave.

Seen a fair # of eps online, but never on BBCAmerica as it comes on at weird times.

Using the Ford Fiesta for a military practice beach landing was pretty cool, as was the advanced driving of the Ford Puma.

I haven't seen the History Channel version. I thought that THC was just going to show the original British show at a reasonable time, not remake the whole darn thing.

(BTW, what the heck does Top Gear have to do with history? Same with all the other crap that they run on that channel nowadays.)

I only saw the first episode of the U.S. version, it wasn't bad but it didn't look like they spent as much money or production time on it as the U.K. version.

I've been watching this show for years..it even makes the wife chuckle form time to time and she hates any show about cars. The Americina version is garbage. Google "top gear car shooting"..one of my personal favorites.

Love that show, but you are wrong if you think they do honest reviews of cars. They tend to exaggerate a lot. Remember the Tesla episode?

The American version is awful, but only because of the 3 stooges they have as announcers. Why not Tim Allen, Jay Leno or a real race car driver (not Tanner "drifter" Foust)? They could do so much better.

Latest posts