Torries Tunes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Upton

Reaction score
I have been emailing Torrie, Im thinking about buying a tuner and some tunes, My truck is stock, What exactly has everyone seen for results with this. I have a 2010 V8 adrenalin. He says I may have to hook it up to a PC, and I may not. Anyone have an answer to that if i will have to hook it up to a PC. Im not very mechanical, I will be the first to admit it. Is this pretty simple to do? How hard is it to revert to stock, and downsides to doing this? Does it just plug in somewhere? Thanks all, Jim

Torrie's Tunes right out of the box for a stock or slightly modded ST are all you may need..... i have mods to my 2010 Adren nd his out of the box tune was perfect and does the job !!!!!

Its a HUGE difference and wakes up the truck !!

Todd Z

Plug the unit into the obd2 port. It will come with a manual. Very easy read.

You only need your pc if he emails you some tune changes. You will have to install a program. Available for free, on the sct site. Then you use a usb cord to link to the xcal.

You revert to stock the same way you upload tunes. Through the obd2 port. The xcal retains your stock tune.

Be sure to get all the pending upgrades from ford first. Before installing the xcal tunes. Also best to recert to stock when you take it in for warranty or service. That way when you re-tune with the xcal. The xcal will hold any new oem software ford might have installed.

Most members that went back to stock. Had better success, Disconnected the battery neg for 10 minutes. After reloading the stock oem tune.

Thanks Eddie, so it will come with everything i need in the original purchase? obd2 port..is that that the one under the dash? Like i said i am far from mechanical!!! I am seriously thinking about doing this probably in late july, going on vacation end of june so the extra money will go there first. thanks again

Thanks Eddie, would it make more sense to go with one of todds throttle bodies first? Before the tuner?

Last edited by a moderator:
one of todds throttle bodies first? Before the tuner?

Yes definitly, If you can do all your upgrades first. Then tell Torrie all you have done. He will configure all in the tunes.