towing car trailer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Helstad

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a trailer to haul my 55 Nash around to some care shows. It is all original with less than 38k on it and I do not want to wear it out driving to shows. It ways approx. 3500 pounds. The trailer I am looking at has 2-3500# axles and 15" tires. I do not have the weight on the trailer yet as it is in transit.

I have the class III-IV factory towing package on my 08 ST V8 Limited. Do you think I will have any trouble towing it. Most trips would be max of 600 miles 1 way. Thanks in advance for your input.

Rod

I would say it'll tow w/o issues, provided you have trailer brakes. The weight isn't too much, and your frontal area is low, you may need sway control, depending on the length of the whole trailer and tongue. The longer the trailer, the better.. Even w/ brakes, plan on extra stopping distance and wide turning arc.... HTH

I don't think you'll have any problems, not familiar with the newer ST's but you already have an advantage over my '03 that I haul my show truck with you have a V8, might want to look into rear suspension upgrades to handling the total weight of trailer/car. I run Rancho 9000XL's with MyRide wireless control system, alot of guy say to get the Roadmaster active suspension kits, not sure if they make them for the Gen 2. Hopefully this helps you or atleast gives you some options to think about. :banana::)

Last edited by a moderator:
'07 V8 Limited. Towed my Anniversary edition Thunderbird SC from Ohio to VA across the mountains. Trailer had 4 wheel brakes. Just take your time and plan your moves and you shouls have no problems.

[Broken External Image]: