Toyota has another recall?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
Hear on the radio Gary's beloved Toyota has another recall. I think it is like 1.7 million vehicles.

Is Toyota going to make another program called Next Total Recall?:driving:

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. It's all over the news. Luckily my wife's 2006 RAV4 has not been involved with any of Toyota's recalls (knock on wood). We love our RAV but I would be hesitant to purchase another Toyota until they get their sh*t together.

Does anybody really care about the Toyota recalls or is this just a chance to blow raspberries at Gary. LOL

Gerry

I am mildly concerned, as most of my family drives Toyotas.

With a 2011 Camry and RAV4 just added to the family, my concern gets a bit bigger, but IMO it's more to lob criticism at Gary S, Toyota's #1 supporter.

Gary,

This is the first I heard of the Windstar recall. My sister drives a Windstar. I will let her know about this.

Still doesn't change the fact that Toyota is recalling 1.7 million vehicles.

Tom

"Still doesn't change the fact that Toyota is recalling 1.7 million vehicles."

i never minimize, hide or deflect my frustrations/disappointments.

sure it is a concern but as i mentioned before, they recover well. :driving:

still doesn't change the fact Ford is recalling shy 1/2 million vehicles .

I have a 2002 Toyota Highlander (SUV) and it has not been involved in any of the recalls.

All auto companies have recalls including Toyota, Honda, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Mercedes, BMW, etc. The only difference is how the company reacts and gets the problem resolved. Toyota made some major mistakes in how they handled the Sudden Acceleration problem. I don't know if they knew what the problem was or if they were trying to get by with a cheap fix.

I think everyone learned a lesson with Toyota's fiasco, and are sure they have fixed the problem, and then worry about how to minimize the cost of the recall. I think Toyota got it backwards and it cost them a lot of money, sales, and prestige in the auto market.

...Rich

"Toyota made some major mistakes in how they handled the Sudden Acceleration problem."

rich,

agree 1000%. l let everyone know how disappointed i was with toyota on this issue since it involved 75% of my fleet. they could have done better.

on the other hand, they were strong and committed to resolving and rebounding. also as you mentioned, a learning.

"I think Toyota got it backwards and it cost them a lot of money, sales, and prestige in the auto market."

don't worry, they will OK. :driving:

*** tom, i am glad you benefited from posting the toy recall..........

" This is the first I heard of the Windstar recall. My sister drives a Windstar. I will let her know about this " :bwahaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still laughing that Toyota is recalling 1.7 million cars. That is over 4 times the vehicle Ford is recalling.

Tom

"That is over 4 times the vehicle Ford is recalling"

that is because there are at least 4 times more toyota's on the road.

BTW: "Hear on the radio Gary's beloved Toyota has another recall"

the same day ford had a recall, but you failed to mention it. did you get your selective hearing checked?

you didn't even thank me for providing vital info to make sure your sister is out of harms way :grin:

the same day ford had a recall, but you failed to mention it. did you get your selective hearing checked?

It wasn't selective hearing. I heard nothing of the Ford recall.

Tom

"It wasn't selective hearing. I heard nothing of the Ford recall."

that is because you didn't want to hear it :bwahaha:

It was because the two Honda loving DJ's on the radio were laughing about another recall of Toyota junk.

Tom