Trac at Work

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud Williams

Reaction score
I know you guys like to see pics of our Tracs at work.

Came back from Panama City FL earlier this week to a

broke Fridge, Went to Appliance Mart and got a new one today.

It was a tall load but we made it home without tipping over.

25 Cu Ft Whirlpool Side by Side. Great buy.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!

[Broken External Image]:

Finally got the scaling right!

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you made it home o.k. with the frig standing up like that. a few years ago, i met a pickup coming toward me hauling a frig about like yours. just as we were about to pass each other, the top door (it wasn't a side by side) came open, the wind caught it and lifted the frig straight up and out of the bed of the truck and it came crashing down in front of me on the highway. i barely missed it with my car! i'm sure the guy in the pickup was swearing. can you imagine buying a new frig and on the way home that happens?

this pic just brought back that memory.

bud

Dutch, I have a similar story.

I was coming back from a business trip to Atlanta, driving south on HWY 319 when there was a truck in front of me carrying home what looked like an entire dining room's worth of furniture. China cabinet, chairs, table and seemingly more. Suddenly, the wind must have caught the bottom of the pedestal table because it lifted up out of the trailer it was in, flipped over, landed on the table top and absolutely exploded. Luckily, I was a lane over and avoided the debris, but that table was toast.

Load of dirt in my previous Trac. The rear bumper was almost on the ground and that was with shackles. :D

[Broken External Image]:

Need to get a load one of these days in the new one.

Bill, to answer your question, yes. If you lay the fridge down, the oil comes out of the compressor. If you do lay it down, you should wait for at least 36 hours if not more for the oil to run down to the compressor. If you don't you are taking a chance of it quitting you pretty quick._Ron

I would have had it as flush as possible to the front of the bed and had the same ties you had plus one around the midsection and then wrapped through the back windows and tied off on each end (possibly use the latches that are there for infant car seats?). I also would have filled up the rest of the bed with something to help keep it upright & tight.

Bud - what's Appliance Mart, haven't heard of that one. Always good to know of more places to price match against.

JT#14

Appliance Smart is in the metro Atlanta area, they are an Appliance outlet, they sell discontinued, scratch and dent, but had a good selection, and their prices were better than Sears outlet. First time I had been to their store, won't be the last time I'm sure.

Travis, I noticed you live in Roswell, The store I went to is near the Big Chicken.

they have 6-7 locations in Atlanta.

Now everyone from around the country is Googleing Big Chicken...:lol:

WHOA!

The pictures of JohnnyO's & Big Johnson's Tracs hauling dirt and the rear kissing the ground is that normal?

My previous truck was a 93 Dakota 4x4 short bed with a 3" lift and I had the bed filled with gravel and I mean filled and it stood nice & straight.

What do you guys recommend I do to my '02 to keep it from kissing the ground?

Appliance Smart is in the metro Atlanta area, they are an Appliance outlet, they sell discontinued, scratch and dent, but had a good selection, and their prices were better than Sears outlet. First time I had been to their store, won't be the last time I'm sure.

FYI, in addition to their seven Atlanta locations, they also have six in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area (where they originated), three in San Antonio, and four in Columbus, OH.

I have no idea why, of all places, it's just those four metros.

Here is mine at work. Nothing in the bed as such, just waiting for me if I need to drive through the jobsite or just go home. Need to finish the strobe installation. Right now I just have a magnetic base unit that I pop onto the roof!

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts