trac still acting up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my trac still acting up it misses and shakes at idle and as soon u put it in gear rpm drop to 500 rpm and below and shakes , while driving the engine sounds like a steam machine, no joke. all this started after a tune up man this sucks. this is wat i use doble platium champion plugs, ??? wire it cost like $60,royal purple 10w-30, idle and tensioner pulley with belt and a k&n recharge. i have gonna over and over trying to figure out but no luck. ANY IDEA ARE WELCOME THANKS.

Some of our members have had problems with running other brand plugs. The recomendation on thisboard has always been to run the oem motorcraft or autolite plugs. Have you checked all the plugs for damage? Also do you think you might have overoiled the K&N and the maf has oil on the sensor element?

Definately switch back to the Motorcraft or Autolite XP plugs; that could be your hole problem. The only time a similar thing happened to me was when I replaced the plug wires because I got the fireing order wrong. Definately do not drive it in that condition as you could cause damage to the engine.

Agree,

Broken or cracked plug, Wrong firing order, Bad wire, Something else broken while doing the work...

Todd Z

Latest posts