Traded in the Trac...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a note to everyone saying thank you for an enjoyable three years with everyone here. I posted from time to time but mostly enjoyed everyone's funny links and great tips on modding the trac! The trac was as great vehicle and I never had any problems with it in the 3 years i owned...just basic maintenance stuff. However, my driving habits have changed and with gas prices where they are and where they look like they're going I needed to drive something a little more gas efficient!! I got $10,500 for trade on a fully loaded '01 w/70K on it with a couple dings in the tailgate and in need of a new windshield. Not too bad I suppose. I picked up an '06 Mazda3 hatch w/leather, xenon's, navi, sirius satelite, and 5spd. I can only hope it'll be as much fun to own as the Trac...but I'll sure miss all the questions and looks from everyone when driving the trac! Thanks again to everyone for always answering any questions I had, giving great advice and always for the amusing comments! :D

- Andy

Good luck Andy. Good choice on vehicles. Bought my daughter a Mazda 3 five door a year and a half ago. It's been an outstanding vehicle. Plenty of pep, good gas mileage and really fun to drive.

Most of the Mazda3 owner's I've spoken to only get 25-28 mpg... not that great for a 4 cylinder. Other than that, they all seem to like theirs.

I wish my Trac could get those numbers. There are 2 different 4 cyl engines in the Mazdas. The 5 door has the largermore performace engine. Still gets between 25-30 and it will run circles around the Trac.

My fiance's brother has a Mazda3. He lves it. 35 MPG highway, plenty pf power , and very agressive handleing. His only complaint is the tires. They wore out to fast and are too expensive to replace. The replacement brand is not the OE brand. I think they were Goodyears.

He never regreted buying the Mazda3 over the vehicle he originally wanted...till he drove that vehicle. He went straight to the Mazda deler and got the 3.

Tom