Trailer Life Magazine & ST...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraEd Swank

Reaction score
This is an article that was in the August 2005 issue of Trailer Life (America's Number One RV Magazine).

I can not scan it, so I am going to type it.

2006 Update

Explorer Sport Trac

A major upgrade is in the works for the Ford Explorer Sport Trac for 2006. The future vehicle jums in size from the Ranger platform to adopt the larger Explorer chassis. The name indicates an Explorer derivative, but the current Sport Trac is smaller and uses teh same V-6 powertrain and chassis as teh Ranger. Many of the current (big) Explorer's features will be adopted for the new vehicle, including V-8/V-6 engine options, a five-speed automatic and much larger passenger cabin. The new model features styling changes that include larger wheel-well flares, a taller cargo box, pull-type door handles, a heavy-duty roof rack and wheel options that are larger and wider. Up front, the new Sport Trac adopts the grille appearance cues of the F-150 King Ranch model.

There is also a picture of a white ST with a black "bra" covering the entire hood are, and only holes for the lights. Sorry I can not post a picture, but I do not have a scanner.

In my opinion, the picuture looks very similar to the current ST, with some minor differences, gas tank on passenger side black door handles, black stipe or door strip on bottom portion of the doors from front to back of vehicle.

My 2001 Island Blue ST is still holding strong, at 70,000 + miles.

Laura

Larry,

It is very similar, the differences are the wheels, the door handles are black and at the bottom

of the doors, I guess some call it a door guard, is a black strip, on the pic you posted it is white.

but very similar.

Laura and Ed,

Before I got my scanner I would just take a close up picture of the page or document and send it that way. It works pretty good. You just have to hold the camera real still so the words do not get blurred. :cool:

Latest posts