Trailer Light 4-way connector issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Chase

Reaction score
So most of last year I had some corrosion issues with my 4-way plug in. I would spend about 5 min cleaning the 4-way end on the truck everytime I pulled a trailer. The last couple of times I couldn't get the brakes or turn signals to work on either trailer (both had no issues when hooked up to my dad's vehicle). I finally bough a new 4-way end yesterday to replace the old one with. The Right Turn, Brakes and Running lights all work, but the left turn signal won't work. There are 3 LED lights on the new 4-way connector and it tells me there's no connectivity on the vehcile for the trailer Left Turn. I tried to pull the wires out of the protective tubing but my hands can only go so far up in the frame. Does anyone know where the yellow Left Turn Wire splces to further up in the vehicle? I was just going to find that spot and splice in a new wire rather than pulling it out of the tubing the whole way. I did remove the rear left turn signal but didn't see any yellow wire there where I could splice from there.

Check fuse 2.7
Fuse 27?

I did check fuse 3 when I worked on it yesterday - Left Stop/Turn Trailer Tow Connector. It was blown. I replaced the fuse and the lights still didn't work, the fuse has not blown since either

Latest posts