Tranny modification or use X-cal instead? Hope Todd Z could help.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael A 2

Reaction score
Hello folks my 1st post. Hope that Todd Z could help me out. Recently, installed an EE supercharger and tuned via X-cal1. Noticed tremendous response in accedleration and speed, however it takes a long time to shift from 2nd to 3rd. Was wondering if it would be advisable to adjust the EPC using Stone's EPC adjsutment or just using the x-cal using xtreme tunes software from sctflash.com website to firm up the shifts? Any feedback or suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would Adjust the EPC no matter what, see how it is, Then you can adjust a little more via the xcal.. If it is a long delay, the tune you have may be bad, I know if the tranny shift points are changed and then overlapped, and that is not corrected, you may get that kind of issue..

How does the S/C perform... MANY members here had a lot of tuning issues with the EE charger... Thanks

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Todd. Adjust the EPC and change/flush the fluid, especially if you have not done that in the last 20K miles or more.

If that does not help, you may want to replace the valvebody and solenoids. The slipping is caused by sticking solenoid operated valves in the valvbody. If you continue to drive with 2-3 shift flare, you will permanetly damage the clutches and bands in the transmission and that will require a complete rebuild.

...Rich