trans question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave feola

Reaction score
hey folks, got an 02 st with 45,000 on it, lately it seems my trans has been acting up a bit, delayed shifiting, esp between 2 and 3, etc. haven't gotten the flasing od light yet. my question is for this specific model trans is that normal ?, rought shifts, etc or can I expect bigger problems, i just upgraded my warranty to 75,000 miles

Yup, service the tranny, And if you can do the EPC pressure adjustment,may help it,out a bit, ut do not waite, it will get worse..

Also you can disconnect the battery and reset the computer to let the tranny re learn the shifting

Todd Z

Had ford flush my tranny @ 62k and symptoms got worse. I'm planning to take it in soon but I'm tired of going to ford with issues regarding this truck. Just yesterday it took a good 3 seconds to go into drive:angry:

i changed the fluid at 30,000, i'll try the disconnect battery deal, might work , also my steering wheel is always cocked to the right,not sure if it's becasue of the crown of the road ?