TRANSMISSION FLUID

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES TATUM

Reaction score
WHEN YOU JUST DRAIN THE OIL AND REFILL WITHOUT DROPPING THE PAN, HOW MANY QUARTS DO YOU NEED TO REFILL?

WHAT ABOUT WHEN YOU DROP THE PAN?

AND WHEN YOU DO DROP THE PAN, DOES ALL THE FLUID COME OUT, OR IS THERE SOME UP IN THE TRANSMISSION THAT DOESNT COME OUT?

Our ST's don't have tranny drain plugs. There is a project on how to install one yourself. Look in the member's projects section for a how-to on changing the tranny fluid and installing your own drain plug. It takes about 4.5 quarts of Mercon V.

James, if you just drain the fluid it will be alittle over 4 qt. It will not replace all the fluid in the tranny. The only thing that comes close to doing that is a tranny flush. Drop the pan and put in a drain plug. I'm going to change my fluid out again when I do my next oil change since I didn't flush it the last time I did my filter change on the tranny. (about 7k ago) The drain plug will come in handy for that since I put it in the last time.;)

Latest posts