Transmission Temp Gauge installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Installed the Transmission Temp Gauge on Monday, I used the same elcheepo Gauge pod and routed the wiring the same as the coolant gauge...

I hooked it up with dual senders, 1 in the pan and 1 after the cooler.... ( It hink the pan one is leaking).... Go figure..LOL

A simple switch and I can monitor both.... I was going to use the coolant Temp Gauge (Since they are the same) but the 2 gauges is not toooo riceriffic, so I went with the two gauges...

I took it out for a beating and the tranny pan fluid got to a high of 150 and the cooler fluid 125 and then after about 20 min on the expressway the temps after the cooler dropped to 100 or below and the tranny dropped below 125.... Some good temps in my book !!!!

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

todd was that in your PML pan?.Installed one in mine a couple yrs ago, after wrapping the RT y pipe with header wrap I rarly see 150+

Read an article a while back about tranny temps, high is bad for sure, also said that to low can be detrimental I:E less than 135, seems to be a fine line. don't know why.

Bill,

Yes in my PML pan....

Yes, too low can be bad and so can too high, But it was raining here and also was a high yesterday of 40... LOL...

The gauges are new but the cooling setup is not... The PML has been on for well over 40K miles and the second cooler has been on for about 20K miles now....

This was just something I had on the list to do and never did... LOL

Todd Z

Cool, I am glad the dual system works. So let me get it right. You bought a new temp gauge for the dual hook up._Ron

What the heck!?!? This is the second ST I have seen with an "oh crap" handle on the A-Pillar. Why doesnt my 01 have it :(

Ever since I removed my step bars, I had to reach up on the roof and grab the roof bars to get into my truck. I need that A-Pillar handle (Im short)

The a-pillar handles and the door cupholders were something that I saw in the PoS 03 I almost bought before I got the 02, and man I wish I could add them to my 02, but that doesn't seem possible.

Ron,

I actually have a dual sender for the tranny, One in the pan and 1 in the cooling line..

The coolant Gauge could have been modified with a 3 way switch, But I did not want that, so I have separate gages and the tranny Gauge is dual function now.... Unfortunatly the sender in the pan is leaking, I may remove it...

BUT you can make a coolant Gauge read both Tranny and coolant....

ND,

The 2003 and UP st has the OS handles... I have pics of the mounting, you could make them work, but it would require removing the windshield to do the welding...

Todd Z

Latest posts