Transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Hoberock

Reaction score
My 2001 ST was making an odd hydrualic noise and I thought changing the fluid might help, however, when pulled the transmission pan I found parts in the bottom of it. Now that it has new fluid and filter, it is still making the noise. Only a matter of time before I'll need to visit a transmission shop. Looks like I can get a rebuilt automatic (4x4) for ~$800, but not sure what I'll pay to have someone pull the old one and install the new (I am too lay to do it myself). Anyone have to have their transmission replaced? What did you pay?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

If you dont mind me asking, where did you find a rebuilt transmission for about $800.00? I also have an 01, and have almost 140K on it now. While my Transmission is still going, I know that I need to keep notes about these things for the future reference. I think $800 for a rebuilt transmission is a pretty good price, assuming it has some sort of warranty.

Thanks

Dave

Had mine rebuilt for a second time on my 2001 Job 2.

It cost me basically 1200 each time. grrrrrr...:angry:

but i am happy with how it shifts, finally...:banana:

rob

Bought a rebuilt one from ford and put it in this summer, rebuilt from ford was really expensive but overall it wasn't that hard to take out or put in.