Trashed engine at 65,000 miles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has been rattling for a while @2500-3000 rpm, but lately it rattles when I start it. And when it's idling I can hear the engine making noise that doesn't sound right. I'm taking it in next week to have it looked at. 2001 with 53k miles.

On a similar note, one day I was at the dealer waiting for my ST and I overheard a mechanic and the service mgr talking. I couldn't hear every word, but the main jist was the mechanic's concern about the quality of the metal Ford is using for their timing chains. He was telling the service mgr that he was surprised at how many broken timing chains he has seen lately, I couldn't hear what vehicles he was talking about. But he seemed to think that Ford was not using the best materials in their engines. So antknee, you may just be right.

We'll see what kind of song and dance they give me about changing my tensioners.

Check this link out!

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/04/ee/9a/0900823d8004ee9a.jsp:)