Truck Cab Organizer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
I picked up this organizer at Harbor Freight store for around $13. Despite the low price and vinyl construction, it's actually pretty well made, with heavy, felt-backed vinyl, double stitching, and grommet reinforced mounting eyelets. Behind the front pockets, the entire length of the organizer can hold long objects, such as a rifle or a short fishing pole.

1.jpg

No calculus or rocket science required for this project, as indicated by the tools required (hammer not pictured). You can uses screws to mount the organizer, but I decided to go one step further and use a snap fastener kit, making the organizer removable. The snap kit is available at Sears.

2.jpg

After measuring to get it centered, I taped the organizer in place and marked the eye hole positions on the trim with a Sharpie marker.

3.jpg

Using the snap fastener kit is easy, It took less than five minutes to install snaps in each of the six eyelets of the organizer.

4.jpg

Using a 3/32" drill bit, I drilled each mark on the plastic trim, and then screwed the snap studs into the trim, using light pressure to avoid stripping the plastic holes made with the drill.

5.jpg

Here's the organizer snapped in place.

6.jpg

With the seat backs up, you can just barely make out the top of the organizer.

7.jpg

You might be wondering how much stuff the organizer can hold, since the space behind the rear seats is pretty slim. Here's my Ford owners manual pouch with the book, the maintenance guide, warranty info, my original window sticker, maintenance receipts, etc. It's about 2" thick.

8.jpg

Here's the owner's manual pouch, along with my first aid kit, maps, about 10 CD cases, and various paperwork, all stuffed in the organizer.

9.jpg

The seats latch upright go up with no crushing of the organizer contents at all.

10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: