truck kit cars?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So I know I've seen writeups of people putting willys pickups on late model frames, but I can't for the life of me find the kits. Anyone know where to find them? If I search all I get are hot rods, what I want is a nice cool looking 'old' truck. Any help?

Thanks,

<a href="http://www.acrods.com/" target="top">A. C. Rods</a> has a '41 Willys Pickup body and chassis. It is listed as a 102" wheelbase, which may be the same as a few late model trucks. As far as finding a straight bolt-on body for a late model chassis, finding a magazine that deals with that and looking up the provider companies should be enlightening.

You know, I was at that second site already and they didn't have that listed. -EDIT- I should say I didn't see that listed.

I wonder what has a 102" wheelbase, even the ranger has a longer wheelbase then that.

Last edited by a moderator:
US Body Source offers a fiberglass 40 Ford truck body kit that mounts to an 83-93 Ranger LWB truck frame. That's what their website states but I wonder if it should say 83-92 Ranger since 93 was the first year for the current Ranger body style. Back when I had an 83 Ranger I was interested in this kit. At that time they even offered a 40 Ford panel truck body.

I don't like the us body one, for some reason it doesn't appeal to me as much as the wileys.

Maybe I'll have my dad just find me an old truck, since he lives out of the rust belt.

That "bummer" kit looks pretty cool. Seats _four_ across? How wide is this thing? Maybe that would be wide enough for someone like me who always thinks that the trac is too narrow. Was a lower center of gravity too much to ask for? :(

My concern is that the body is made entierely out of fiberglass? Is that in any way safe?

Corvettes are fiberglass. Body panels are superficial on body-on-frame cars, and even for uni-body cars, only the rear quarter panels need to be structurally sound. A car's body is only there to shape the air for MPG, cover the mechanical bits, and to keep road grime off the occupants.

Latest posts