TRUXXX LIFT KIT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All it is is a set of torsion keys that will lift your st by basically tightening the torsion bars. you can achieve about the same lift from shackles. warrior. i did it and i love it. A lot cheaper!!!!!!!!!

Daniel, do you have the keys installed?

Not to sound like you don't know what your talking about, but, the shackles from warrior are for the rear of the truck, not the front.

I don't have the keys for the front, but am interested in just getting them to try them out. Have read on other messages of some that have used the lower keys on the torsion bars with no problems, so I would have to say it would work both ways and be OK for the lift as well. I don't think it tightens the torsion bars, like the bolt would.

No, the torsion keys do not tighten the torsion bars, they lift the bar up without putting added tension on them. When you install them you don't turn the bars but simply install the keys at a different anglewhich lifts the rear of the torsion bars. I have the WP shackles and did a 1.25" TT on the front but I am saving for the trosion keys because with the TT I have noticed that the front end is alot stiffer especially when I hit bumps. Just my opinion though. Hope this helps with your decision Frankie and Chris.:)

This does help, my main point of concern is that these might cause the same adverse effects as the TT does if you lift it to high, like shorting the life of you four wheel drive parts and CV joints. I don't know, can anyone shed any light on this part of the topic.

CHRIS

Chris....

Simply don't go TOO high..... I feel you should go 1.5 inches no more and get the extra height with the tires....

I know George C has had his TT now for over 5 years and 60K plus miles.... no issues..

Todd Z