Trying E-85

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biznaga

Reaction score
Last week I found out the Gas City in Sierra Vista has E-85. Test fill and driving 100 miles gave me same mileage as I always get. And it is 30 cents/gal cheaper.

So I am going to test it for a few tanksful to see how it does.

Guess the local distributor here doesn't really want to sell E-85. Only has 1 station in one of the largest cities (by square miles) in the US, and they charge MORE than 87 octane unleaded.

My question is... Can you swap back and forth on refills. Meaning if I get E85 at the gas station by my work, but need to get gas by my house later in the week, which doesn't have E85. Can I put regular unleaded 87 in, even with a little E85 still in the tank?

Thanks,

Scrubb

Quote by Softscrubb: "My question is... Can you swap back and forth on refills. Meaning if I get E85 at the gas station by my work, but need to get gas by my house later in the week, which doesn't have E85. Can I put regular unleaded 87 in, even with a little E85 still in the tank?"

I did after the 100 mile trip. Filled it back with 87. Today I filledit with 14 gal of E-85, rest of tank was reg 87 octane gas. Runs same so far.