Tundra Flex

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.... IF it was a Gen 1 ST, the bed would crack and Fly right off !!!!!!!!

Don't know about the Gen 2.....

Todd Z

Hey, all the people who went to the kingman meet that the member GM put together got to see ford putting vehicles though that test and many others at the proving grounds in yucca az

And, I can't even remember ever driving on a road like that.

Actually, it is remanisant of some of the roads I have to travel for work and I wonder why my balljoints are shot at 50K miles.

oh yeah! That was the SWAZ 05 Meet aka: South West Regional and 2nd Annual AZ Meet!

Ford really does put trucks to the test at the proving grounds we watched testing for the F150 and other trucks. They really do beat up STs and other vehicles at those grounds. You would not believe the twists and turns frames are put through. Oh and the suspension .....very radical and bumpy riding goes on at the testing grounds. They even test turns of the steering wheel and how many times it takes one to be worn out.

That was a GREAT time and very knowledgable for all of us that experienced the day!

hey Chase!? I wonder if that was Judy driving that truck? :)

GAWD I loved the speedway!!!! :D

oh...read what FORD did with that proving ground. THANKS FORD. Your all heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gavin,

since the proving grounds are not there any more...well FORD APG, I can tell you we saw in 2005, the Future ST "at that time" in action on that very course it was at a distance but not that far away. It was in disguised, dressed up as a Zebra. Actually it was very kewl paint skeem, black and white striped front end and black on the bed.

Our guide could not and would not admit to us what it was...but did say...look to your left and you will see something of interest. They arranged for us to see that ST without saying it or letting on that it was an ST, but we knew.

Let me tell you, Todays ST suspension on stock shocks can take that course with EASE.

Our guide did say that our ST's at that time ALL St's were tested the same as the F150.

I don't know how Gen 1's did it with stock shocks,

I can tell you that Ford tested (at the time we were there) up to 2008 at that proving grounds facility.

[Broken External Image]:

Check it out guys (Ford Propaganda). The finalized APG footage can be viewed in the latest "Truth about Trucks" complete with Rick Titus voice over. It also includes under the skin comparisons of new Silverado and Tundra. I have the actual 2 in 1 DVD, featuring the F-150 and Super Duty (46 mins. running time for each truck).

I have said this before, but the DVD is only using Ford "wins" info. Never the other way around.

Unfortunatly, most of America does not care about what something will do. They care about how polished the turd is.

Tom

More like the problem is Ford can't market anything worth a shi* Ford makes a great truck. So, is the issue with them educating the public? Or, what? Something is dam wrong when you make a great product but lose your ass every quarter on profitability.

SST,

I guess they think that marketing all their GREAT products is too costly? Or they think it's the element of suprise for the public?

As for losing money,

It's all the money they pay out in other areas and can't reinvest it into their business.

look at all the funds spent to fix the simple fixes ie TSB's. If they would just get it right fromj the beginning there would be no TSB's and do I dare say this...but you all know it's true dead weight employees. Money paid out to employees that are not actually working.... Ford got smart and offered buy outs. Some bit some did not, I think most did.

When APG was announced to their employees the end was futile. They offered early retirement buy outs. The last months maybe even over a year there were few actual Ford employees doing the jobs at that proving ground. They had a temporary agent company send employees paid half of what the actual FORD employees got paid and the temp agency paid a decent wage for the area the faclity was in, and most of the test driving jobs long before the announcement were done by temporay agent emplyees. Ford didn't have to deal with the union, the benefits didn't have to pay benefits. That got them thru the final stages of closing the facility and also helped redeem alot of their loss for that period.

it's all the money they pay out in other areas and can't reinvest it into their business.

When you have overpaid CEO's that are making 10 times more than they are worth, you hae no money to invest.

Tom

Latest posts