Tweeter Mounting

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe B 4

Reaction score
Well got me a new '07 Limited 4X4 with the 4.0V6 last week and time for the mods to begin. Undercover should be arriving today and Infinity Component speakers are on the way along with the MTX Thunderform enclosure for the Sport Trac. I would like to see where those of you with components have mounted your tweeters. I will also be using the metra kit to mount my Kenwood Excelon single DIN deck. Anyone have a single DIN installed? Let's see those pics of Tweet installs and Dash installs. I will post up some this weekend as I have not taken any yet.

Also, I hace been having a hard time finding a catback exhaust and intake for the '07 4.0l, any leads? Seems all I find for the '07'S are for the 4.6l.

Thanks!!:cool:

I sell a catback for it.

The Thunderform won't fit. MTX has bad info on their application guide. Sorry to be the one to have to tell you that.

Oops. hit enter by accident. Any one tried to fit the Thunderform in the '07's yet? I called and they(MTX) verified its fit, however want to know what I may be facing. If it truly does not fit I plan to cancel the order and buy the Hatchbox box. Looks pretty nice.

How about those component installs? Where the pics?

Oh yeah, undercover went on last night? Nice unit. Fits well, pretty sturdy, logical mounting, good looking on truck, and light weight. Can not believe the price for a piece of plastics, but engineering and molding cost too. Either way, happy with the purchase and thanks for the recomendation.

It's the box for the '01-'05. They assume it fits the new ones and it just simply doesn't.

Well they did not respond to me yet. So looks like I may have a box for sale for an older Trac. Dang, I knew it woudl be wrong, just too darn easy and that does not usually work for me. lol

Well, the Thunderform fit nicely. Sounds good running of my little Kicker 100.2 amp since the 700.5 amp burned out right away. All in all a nice unit.

2 screws under the plastic at the door-opening handle, 2 screws under the plastic at the pull-handle, and 2 screws at the bottom of the door panel. Then lift.