Two 10" woofers??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith 2

Reaction score

Has anyone fit two 10" woofers without compromising passenger space? I looked at premade boxes on eBay, and I see only boxes for a single 10" under the back passenger seat. Does anyone make (or has anyone here made) a box that fits two 10" and takes up all the space under the rear seats, on both sides?

The pre-made under-seat boxes also seem kind of small at 0.45 cu ft. Is this really enough for a 10" woofer? The 10" jbl subs I'm looking at (102.7W & GTO1002D) recommend 0.75 cu ft per driver.

Also, what are people fitting behind the rear seat backs?

A site sponsor, JD Boxes, makes boxes for 2 10s for behind the seat.

Here's the custom box I made.

[Broken External Image]:

Custom built box. I'm running two Sony amps right now but I'll be switching to JL amps when I re-do my door speakers.

Adam, I have two (2) Polk Audio DX10's if you would like to purchase them from me. I am looking to sell them. I have a 12" sub that I will be installing in place of the two 10's. I don't have them mounted behind the seat and don't want to keep moving two. I would rather move one and a bigger one at that. Let me know! Email me at: [email protected]

They are 4 Ohm's a piece. I have them bridged at 2 Ohm's total to get full power. I am powering them with an Audiobahn amp which sounds awesome! Here is the link from Polk on the DX10's! Thanks! -DD ST

Last edited by a moderator:
JK II, that's the kind of setup I was envisioning. It looks to me like you can get a larger box under the seats than behind them. Do you happen to recall the internal volume of your box?

That box is about 3 years old. I can grab the dimensions for you if you'd like.. Although the bottom of the box is fiberglassed to the to the shape of the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts