Underdrive pulley installed!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
Last weekend, my brother and I installed my underdrive pulley. After one week, here are my thoughts...

First off, when I did install it, I was running 93 Octane fuel so I already had gobs of power. Afer filling back up with 87 octane, here is what I notice. The power is not as noticable at low RPM's. I do notice it has more power in 3rd gear. If feels like it just has more get-up-and-go. It is noticable. The engis even sounds different.

Was it worth it? You bet. Honestly, I recomend it to anyone looking for more power.

As an open invitation, any members here around the Akron, Ohio area that would like to have one, but need help installing, please let me know. I am more then willing to lend you my help and no charge. I have the proper tools to complete the job. Just let me know. I enjoy spending time under the hood of vehicles. If interested, please don't hessitate to let me know. I am more then willing to help. I ask for nothing in return but a smile on your face.

Tom

<font color=red><B>EDIT</B></font> Changed the title from "Uderdrive" to "Underdrive".

Last edited by a moderator:
I Agree with Tom, The UDP is a great addition on getting the most out of the st....

Todd Z

Tom, you gonna be in L'ville? I figure Todd's gonna be busy helpin people install stuff, so I may come to you for help when I get my pulley, hopefully at the meet :)

Jeff, I could bring my puller and he can do it there........

Todd Z