Underwater Fire Truck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My nieihbors work truck, is the same Izuzu diesl. He has the snorkel. But our floods back in sep '07. Wiped out his automatic transmission. He was told it could take on 3ft of water. Sad, it was out of warranty.

When we were in Mausi Mara Kenya almost all diesel vehicles had snorkels installed. Never did get to see a demo of the snorkels working. All snorkels on vans and small trucks appeared to be factory installed.

When I visited Cairnes, Australia, I bet probably 25% of the trucks and SUV's had snorkels. Many (even cars) had "roo bars" in front of the bumper and metal screen meshes over the windshield to protect from kangaroo hits.

Crikey!:supercool:

I'm sure their chief was not happy with them submerging a 300-400 thousand dollar vehicle like that. Did you see all the water draining out of the cabinets that are probably full of expensive equipment? Snorkel or not, they never should have driven through water that high.

Latest posts