Unfavorable '07 ST review

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he read the info display wrong- it really said "Get out , A**hole!" The site is full of reviewers too busy impressing themselves with their witticisms and obscure literary references to provide useful or correct info. :p

Considering I don't take car reviews seriously, that article was hilarious.

When buying a vehicle, go to the source -- owner's forums.

Considering I don't take car reviews seriously, that article was hilarious.

When buying a vehicle, go to the source -- owner's forums.

Mine hasn't showed up yet. In a way I was pretty insultive, but in no way out of line.

Tom

The reviewer was right about at least one thing...it is one ugly vehicle.

If God had let Ford engineers design a duck, it would look like a platypus. Built of spare parts from a beaver, the previous year's duck, and some junk they found behind Bill Ford's house.

IMO, the biggest disapointment with the new Trac is the looks. The original Sport Trac looked like no other vehicle on the road. It had a uniqe grill (I know, the Sport shared the same body style), agressive looks, and it looked exciting. The 2007 looks like an SUV with a bed on the back. Boring. The front grill is ugly and looks gawdy. The original Trac looked good both lifted with large tires or lowered to the ground with big wheels. Lifting or lowering it was cheap and easy to do. The new Trac, IMO, won't look that good lifted. Lifting or lowering it will be expensive and hard to do.

Honestly, I think Ford screwed the pooch on the new Trac. Add high fuel prices to the mix and I feel it is a recipie for disaster.

I still predict the end of the Sport Trac in 5 years.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Now with the internet, give any idiot with a computer a vehicle to test, and they think they're some hotshot reviewer. It's one thing to be negative, but it's another to be negative without backing up the facts. Clearly this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, or who the ST is marketed towards, or even what weight class the ST fits in. The evidence is in the quotes you guys have posted above.

That guy can bite the big one!!! I get 19.5 mpg with my 07 Trac 4x4 with the 4.6 on the highway in town I get around 13-15 depending how I drive it. And the thing about accidently putting it in 4x4 low, Sorry guy but you have to put it in Park or neutal first!!!! What a horses ass!! at least if someone's going to write a review make sure you have the facts not just a bunch of made up B.S.

Here's the update on the website.

As a writer, I know the frustration of spending time and effort carefully crafting a piece of work– only to see it disappear forever with a single keystroke. (Yes I owned an Apple II.) Even with the full Vaio, the Farago household is not unfamiliar with the "black hole howl." So I apologize from the bottom of my heart to those of you who tried to respond to a post, and discovered that our software ate it. Redwing is on the case (and I on theirs). I will notify you when Redwing gives me the all clear, so you don't get get fooled again. Meanwhile, please try a short comment on anmy post and let me know if it fails via the contact button. Your help is most appreciated.

HOLY SHIT, BATMAN...is this French, Foriegn-Car-Owner dissin' us all for sure, or what!!!

(Sorry for my use of the word "SHIT", Rich, but I couldn't help it)! It's after 11 P.M., and

my Grandbabies are snug in their beds...

Same thing as Autoweek or Auto Magazine. They are all either paid off or brainwashed by

these foriegn car companies to write a good review for them, and diss' the American

Manufacturers, no matter what! I know we have our quality problems in the U.S.,

but, again, that is the capacity that I work in every day at G.M. (Quality Control Liasion'/

with the Engineers(Management).

They need to take this guy out behind the De'et'aunt Luge, or wherever that place is in France,

that no one can see, or hear screams from the road, and remind him where his bread and

butter came from! They are all used to being pampered by the Auto Execs, loaning them

$80,000 sports cars to drive, and then the next week, they are given a Chevy Aveo or Ford

Focus to drive, and they still have the comparitive in their little minds to associate that

Lotus Elise or Maserati with the average offerings of the American car companies!

Oh, Gees! What an honest and unbiased comparison!:cool::blink::angry::angry::angry:

Some of the worst pap from last week’s Focus found its way into a vehicle that costs twice as much. The roof bins (for sunglasses and remote) are especially depressing; they’re flimsier than a Uwe Boll plotline.

I think the author needs to stick with movie reviews...

Nelson, yup, the one in Canadiandriver.ca There was a post on it here about a week ago.

Here's the article from Canadiandriver.com that I posted about the '07, Nelson:

That is the site to go to for unbiased reviews. Their writing staff does an excellent job. Other than a few cars they get in Canada that we don't (and vice versa), it's a great place to check out reviews. I only get confused when they state fuel economy in km/liter. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Darin, here is a link I use all the time to convert my km/L to mpg for you guys south of us to understand. Very handy site.

Latest posts