Update on busted transfer case- Crap warrenty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Called Ford @ 1800 392 3673 Explained situation: 2005 ST Transfer case not working, not repaired after being at Stealeship for1 whole month. I have Ford extended warrenty [cost $2,400} Stealer then takes rental away and gives me back busted ST. Says the regional rep has to look at it in approx 2 wks. to determine next step.

Ford guy put me on hold while they called the Stealership to verify.

Ford guy's findings? The Stealership tells him my ST is safe to drive[!!] and that they called the regional rep and he authorized MORE parts to be special ordered to go into it again[3rd attempt at rebuild] Stealer will call me when parts come in.Keep driving my ST, No rental is going to be provided.

I explained to Ford that if the ST doesn't have 4 wheel capability and we have snow everywhere and I NEED 4 wheel capability- that's why I bought the ST in the first place!. HOW is that safe? That fell on deaf ears! He just kept repeating that the dealer detremined that my ST is safe to drive! That's all there is? :angry:WTF?:angry: Anyone got more suggestions?

You know of anyother dealerships to go to that are nearby. I know there are abou 6 all within a 20-30 min drive of my house and I have had better service at some of them and will refuse to go to others

The 4wd doesn't work at all ???

That stinks, I wounder if the dealer didn't have permission to replace the unit, they are on probation or something else prevented them from fixing it right ??

They could just be idiots..

Todd Z

That could very well be Todd Z ......on both accounts need the permission and idiots.

still it is rediculous the man has had his ST in their shop for a month.

Jim, here is my suggestion:

Have the dealership or Ford put it in writing that it is safe to drive. Have them FAX it to you or go down and pick the letter up.

sounds to me like they are saying it safe to drive because they don't feel the 4wd is necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just kept repeating that the dealer detremined that my ST is safe to drive!

Okay, I am not one to throw around the "here's my lawyer!" talk, but...

Do you have a family or favorite attorney? If so, let Ford know that you told your attorney the dealership certified the vehicle "safe to drive" and that, if anything happens in any snow, rain or other situation that requires 4WD, your attorney will be contacting the dealership and Ford.

Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles. My 03 ST needed a new transfer case under warranty, they kept my truck for two days while they ordered, received and installed my new transfer case, no rebuilding parts etc. Hopefully you can get it all worked out in the end.

I feel sorry for you man! If i was in your position i would call customer care again and scream and swear until no end!!!! And in the mean time, i would take a drive down a nice snowy/icy road and GENTLEY put it in the ditch! which the ST could easily back out of if it had 4wd!! but then u cant so you call a tow truck, and you call ford! AND SUE!!

Thats what i'd do lol

Good luck,

Andy

Latest posts