Upgraded to Flowmaster 40 from DeltaFlow 50

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
After a year with a Flowmaster DeltaFlow 50, I began yearning for something that was actually louder on the outside. I ended up getting a standard Flowmaster 40 installed and I am very, very pleased with the results. The growl is noticeably louder at idle and WOT. The in-cabin noise levels remains mild and what I do hear is pleasant to my ears. I notice I'm hitting 80mph a lot quicker when I jump on the freeway but this may be attributed to my new tranny as well. Can't wait to use my XCal again (I'm waiting until I do the EPC plus my Trac will be at a dealership tomorrow).

But what I really wanted to post was this little FYI: I asked the muffler shop to save my old muffler and so they put it in my new muffler's box. Later on, in the box I found a Flowmaster flyer/catalog and a sheet of Flowmaster stickers of various sizes! I'll never use 'em but it's nice to get something you paid for. The first time they just threw away my box along with my old muffler and I never knew I was supposed to get stickers. And knowing is half the battle...:p

If you really want to open her up, just get rid of the muffler completely. :) Have fun with the new parts and the new tranny. Did you ever receive your radio removal tools? I mailed them last Tuesday.

Technically it is not an upgrade you accomplished but rather a change in dB level. The backpressure characteristics are nearly identical between the 40 and 50, and the delta at the RW is probably immeasurable. As long as you like it thatz all that matters right?

Yeah I got the stickers too, they're on my toolbox!

California doesn't play around, therefore the cats and the muffler stay. You're probably right Chops. I upgraded in dB's is what I meant to say. :p Jeff, yes, I thought I emailed you or replied on another thread that I had recieved them days ago. I have them here in a yellow envelope. I am awaiting the arrival of the replacement headunit before I remove my current one which I expect any day now. Again, thank you very much. I will return them ASAP.

Here is a picture of how the new muffler sounds when the Trac is turned off:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Flip, if you want, hang on to them til someone else here asks for them. I have an aftermarket unit, sold my stock unit, and I'm pretty sure I received them from a member here, so I'm not out any cash, and I have no need for em. Just pass the favor on to someone else sometime in the future and think of it as ST Karma.

:lol::lol: Adam!

Flip, Today I went to check on the FM40S as well... (maybe friday!) :D

Flip, do you have running sound clips? Also, how much did you pay for the Flowmaster 40 install?? Thanks!

Sorry KnowNothing, but the video clip I have is of such poor quality that it would be misleading if I posted it. I think I paid about $130 out the door.