Upper Control Arms

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew Lonker

Reaction score
Upper control arms/ball joints need replacing on 01 ST. For the upper front right, anyone know how well the MOOG CK80068 fit? Im asking because these are a 1 piece design replacement, where as the OE parts are a 2 piece design. I want to use the single piece design because the rubber where the upper left control arm connects to frame is totally gone, seems like it needs to be replaced. Will the 1 piece design cause alignment problems?

IF your two piece UCA bushings weren't worn, the K8710T replacement would be easier and has more caster adjustment.

Remove the "square" washers from the camber bolts before installing the one piece K80068, and check alignment after.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 01 ST (4X4) and changed mine to the one piece about 120,000 miles ago because I researched and found the 02's got away from the ridiculous two piece design. I also heard somewhere that this conversion was not uncommon for our 01's. It's funny this thread came up because I have a new one sitting on the floor right next to me which I purchased from Rock Auto $67.79 - MOOG Part #CK80068. It's just too damn cold here in NY to change them these past few weeks.

No problem to align the front end. Retain your old two piece in case yours ever had some kind of issue then you could always switch back.

Make sure to get the caster/camber adjuster kit if you don't have them on yet (probably still have your stock fixed position ones) when you re-install your new arm. I decided to go with the MOOG Part #K8674 $12.83 (2-piece set for one side only) because they listed the Ford Replacement Part # in their specs. The adjustment range is -1.25 to + 1.25 and have worked for me. You should install them on the left (driver) also in case the single arm changeover throws things off to where that side will need compensation adjustment. I don't remember whether the kit comes with bolts because it doesn't show them in the photo but if that's the case then I definitely re-used the original Ford bolts which obviously fit perfectly. If you're unsure you can select some other brands from Rock Auto that have a greater adjustment range.

Thanks for the help. I had no idea about the caster/camber adjuster kit thanks for mentioning that. I ordered the same parts off rockauto today.