US Air Crash in New York

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
Fancy flying. Both engines out. The pilots maneuver the plane to line up with the Hudson River and set it down in one piece. That's a damned nice miracle! Everyone got out with no injuries or a few bumps.

41fa9d00dede808b7c1e80fb7c548806.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked for 3 years at a previous job where we removed Canada Geese from known sites that birds would migrate to the MSP airport from. Its for a circumstance like this that I had a job removing the geese. Glad everyone's alive, it could be much much worse.

They are reporting a large flock of good old Canadian Geese.......

Todd Z

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Todd, since I did work w/ the Geese for 3 years, I do have to correct you, they are not property of Canada, thats why they are correctly called Canada Geese, not Canadian Geese.:D It was a big pet peeve of my boss.

(on a side note, my favorite poster that my boss had said "When does a Goose become an elephant? When it hits a plane it exerts the same force as a elephant stampeding over a parked car)

They are reporting a large flock of good old Canadian Geese.......

ad87017c27f6e2903014d5a38cccc982.jpg

b5cf0bfa1d42708cb0465f1709914630.jpg

[Broken External Image]:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/44P8C4VJkN4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/44P8C4VJkN4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

excellent job by the flight crew :D

very, very rare that both engines are lost. not only are the tubines damaged by the birds, but the fuel lines are ruptured as well.

also a water landing with no deaths on a an commercial aircraft (airbus320) that size has never happend in the states.

a very happy ending :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A post a few threads away called sorry, is the issue of hatred

Are no less than 1000 canada geese that live in my Hood, two golf courses 3 lakes.

The geese never go home, are pests, they crap everywhere inc, on your car, they will chase after and attack your dog when out walking, they will also Come after you and are about the right hgt to inflict pain and suffering:eek:

I HATE CANADA GEESE, rant over

I worked for a while at Sacramento's 'Intergallactic' Airport, and it's located near a migratory flyway, and planes took bird strikes on occasion approaching or leaving Sac. I worked under contract for Alaska/Horizon Air, and one night when a Horizon flight came in, the pilot was out of the cockpit real quick! He was white as a sheet as he double timed it down the stairs and out to the wings and engines with his flashlight. He had hit 2 geese on approach, and one got ingested into one of his engines, while the other hit the wing. Large dent in the leading edge of the wing, and the engine had to be replaced. (They flew one down in a crate from Portland.) I got some great pictures of what was left of the goose on the fanblades. I just remember how shook up the pilot was when he came off that plane!

Latest posts