Used ST Buying Advice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Maybe someone on this forum can help. I've narrowed my search down to two used 4WD ST's: 1) 2001, 77K, beautiful green w/beige leather, all bells & whistles - power everything, hard tonneau cover(single CD) no moonroof - asking $12,500 but open to bargaining; 2) 2003, 81K, silver w/gray interior, also has all extras (6 CD changer) Yakima Rack, towing package, asking $12,999. As impractical as it seems, I prefer the 01 (love the color combination) but my question is, have there been enough significant changes from 01 - 03? Both have clean carfax reports and seem to have been cared for well. Any advice?

I agree with both gents above,,,,,,,,a newer vehicle, even with a few more miles(and more options) sounds like the choice, if you can deal with the color,,,,,,,,,I think the silvers show about the least amount of dirt and grime than any other color, really,,,,,,,,,just my $.02,,,,,,,,,,,,buy one!

Thanks to all for the advice, I'm taking my time. It's hard to find 4WD ST's here on the West Coast, I have to expand my search to 300 - 500 miles from zipcode to get any choice. There seem to be a lot of 2001's and a few 02's but I'm holding out for an 03+. If I don't find one soon I'll be looking at 4WD ext cab trucks like Ford Ranger, Chevy S10? I'm assuming from what I've read that I should stay away from the used 01's. Any further advice would be appreciated.