Used tonneau cover question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. Olenko

Reaction score
I got a lead on a used factory tonneau cover for my '02 ST. The person wants $300.00 which includes all mounting hardware. I will be checking it out very soon. Is that price fair, and more importantly what should I look for and check on in a used tonneau cover? Are there any areas I should be concerned about?

Also would be good if you can get a key !!

Todd Z

Look at the underside for cracks. The $300 is a fair price should there be no cracks. The seem could leak but that is fixable by taking apart the seem, adding a silicone sealent and replacing the rivets with bolts.

Also make sure the cables all work..

they should be able to unlock with the Key and with teh emergency pulls.

Was one of the things that did not work on mine..

$300 seems reasonable for the cover with the mounting hardware. I just paid $200 last weekend for a used one in good condition, but no mounting hardware, which will be another $75-$100 once I factor in shipping and sales tax.

If the person has a key for it take the key and make sure it turns and opens the locks front and back it is not uncommon that the lock cylinders break and then you can not open the cover. I took my cover off almost a year ago after both lock cylinders stripped out with the intent to get it fixed ASAP but never got to it, think that will be a project for me soon as I miss having the cover on there.

Latest posts