Utility trailer, are extra mirrors needed ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Graham

Reaction score
Buying a 7X14 or 8X14 utilty enclosed "cargo" trailer. Are "West-Coast" style mirrors required in some states ?

Not too heavy, maybe 4000 pounds all up.

I did not need extenders with my 4x8 trailer, I just needed the little round bubble stick ons..

Todd Z

With a 7 foot wide enclosed trailer, you should have extended mirrors if you plan on towing this trailer for any distance. If you plan on doing a lot of towing you might want to look at replacing your existing mirrors with extendable/retractable mirrors, other wise the temporary clip-on mirrors would be fine.

...Rich

Alleng...are you sure about the sizes you quoted in your post???? Those are big trailers, especially for the enclosed variety. You'll need more that mirrors to tow that size unit....be sure you get brakes....and add a big V-8 while you're at it !

Hi Rich, thanks for the tip.

To: Jim, actually the trailer will be a storage unit and mobile shop. One I'm looking at has dual axles and electric brakes. Little long distance towing, Weight empty around 2200 pounds. Tools will ad, maybe, another 1000 pounds.

Clip on mirrors ? like the ones U-haul used to supply ?

Allen:cool:

You should look into the Road Master Active Suspension. I have it for a couple years, its great.

Latest posts