uugghh....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Housman

Reaction score
at 85,207 miles i had my rear blew and i had it replaced. at 87,943 my trans went and i had it replaced. today at 98,533 i noticed trans fluid leaking near the general area of the pan. ggrrrrrr.......luckily everything i have had a problem with has been covered under warranty and i have only spent $200 out of my own pocket. i go to the dealer tomorrow with my trans leak and see what they have to say. it's just starting to get aggravating and even worse be more of an inconvenience than anything.

Hopefully they just have to tighten the pan a little... It can happen on rebuilt stuff...

Glad it was no major expense for you..

Keep us posted as to the cause of the leak..

Todd Z

got my truck back. turns out the filler tube for the trans, which is pressed in and comes already attached to the reman trans. before installation, was becoming loose. the dealer pressed it back in, put some lock tite on there and said i'm good to go. hopefully this holds up and solves my problem. my 100k mile warranty is up in 1200 miles. thinking of renewing my extended warranty. so far it's the best warranty i've had. all my major problems have been covered for little or no expense. other than normal maintenance, tires, brakes, etc. overall, the warranty has been worth its weight in gold.

Latest posts