V8 1/4 mile time

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't find the slip, 2 years ago and nothing proud enough to keep.

todd z was present, maybe he will remember the 60' ?

still have difficulty with a 15.2

curley,

I too think the time faster than I would expect. If it smells like a duck, walk likes a duck, quacks like a duck then I'm gonna say it's a duck. All you have to do is post a copy of the time slip and that will end all the doubts. If you cannot back up your time with a time slip, then most people will think it's BS. I cannot imagine anyone running their ST that fast would not have their time slip framed and mounted in their living room..:D:D

...Rich

Curley,3/29/2009 09:27 MT

There seems to be a know it all on every forum... i guess you have the same truck with the same mods and have also made dozens of passes down the 1/4 mile in the same conditions

I don't claim to know anything.

If you shaved a full second off of your et with just those mods then you may just have one of "those trucks" and congrats to you for the lucky purchase.

You still haven't mentioned if that time was corrected or not.

bill barber,3/29/2009 09:34 MT

Are all sorts of E/T calculators on the net.

With perfect conditions, perfect launch etc, You need 295 at the crank @ 4800 lbs to run mid 15s

Problem with those calculators is there is no place to input relevant info such as trans gearing or rear end ratio which can and does make a huge difference in times.

Doesn't the 4.6 4x4 come in at just under 5100 lbs. More than likely that is without fluids, options or a driver so you couild probably safely tack on another 450-500 lbs on top of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curley

Dude I really didn't mean to get under your skin previously and apologize if I did. That being said I now see why why you skirted the time slip issue and my asking if the times were corrected or not. Your original post lead most, if not all, to believe that you had actually ran the truck on a strip using their timing equipment. Running a 15.2 on a Gtech that may or may not have been programmed or mounted correctly is the same as believing the mpg computer that the Trac has... it's kind if close....

Sorry no AVL or Horiba here, just a plain ole Mustang Dyno

I used to have a Gtech Pro. It wasn't very accurate. I used it with our 72 Nova 454 + 125 shop. This was at the Naperville dragway in Canada.

If I remember correctly, of three passes it was an avg of 1 second faster than that of the slip lol. I think the biggest problem with it was the lack of settings. It was also the first year they came out so I'm not sure how accurate it was. It was also 12 years ago.

I sold it to a customer in our local Sams Club parking lot for what it cost new. I was working there at the time and I put new tires on his pos Camaro. He had to have it.

curley,

imo, a gtech is the same as using a stop watch.

your original post was very misleading as it appeared that you actually ran the vehicle at the track.

as far as my trac being a lemon, it had tranny issues but not enough to be a "lemon".

btw, the trac is history and i am now driving a much quicker toyota 4runner :D

Curley,

Your updated post just shows that you were trying to BS everyone, and now that you admitted that it was not a trued dragstrip run but a GTeck calculation makes you appear to be a bigger BS'er. Your tough talk about taking on all comers in a drag race is just a lot of wind. You are so full of it, that nobody can take you serious.

When BS'ers get caught spreading BS they never admit to their mistakes, they only try to cover up their BS with more BS. Had you told people in your initial post that your time was calculated on a GTech, nobody would have attacked you. But you knew that and assumed everyone would assume it was a real dragstrip time.

You will find it very hard to spread your brand of BS around here because a lot of the old timers around here know a lot about Sport Tracs and racing, and have keen noses that can smell BS a mile away. You are really lame and owe a lot of people here an appology. Nobody here is envious of your BS 1/4 mile times because everyone knows it is BS and that's why you were call out on it.

Sorry Curley, but you cannot slip past the noses of the people on this site. If it does not pass the sniff test they know it's BS, And this thread proves it.

...Rich

You guys could tone it down a bit.

I doubt there is anything Curly could gain by posting a bogus 1/4 mile time for a ST. A quick look at GTech's website shows they claim there products to be accurate to within .01 seconds for the quarter mile.

Maybe some of you guys should shut your mouths and find out a little more information on the accuracy on not only the GTech's products but also the dragstrip. As Curly said himself, the Gtech measures the actual speed at the 1/4 mile while a dragstrip measures an average speed over the last 60 or so feet by timed lights. Also at a dragstrip you don't start in the same exact spot everytime.

You guys think that Motortrend, Car and Driver, Road and Track all go to the dragstrip and test there cars there? No. It just goes to show that the dragstrip is not the most accurate way to test a vehicles quarter mile time.

It's disappointing to see such a negative reaction to a fellow member posting a 1/4 time in order to discuss the potential of a ST.

richie18,

what is disappointing is that he led us to believe that he ran that at the track.

i am going to take it a step further and say a 15.2 is not possible with that set-up.

keep your g-tech as the only real time is at a track.

My God, R U guys talkin' ST or PENIS size here?:angry:

flappin my jaw?

how about you state the facts before you post your fantasy times.

and yes i had a trac similar to yours minus the intake & tune and there is NO way you ran a 15.2

if so go to the track and tell us the truth with your slip. but then again you could get a slip from anybody:rolleyes:

I have found that this will NEVER stop. The best thing to do is to either:

1. Ignore this post

2. Read it with amusement (I do this)

my 2 cents

My ST ran a 14 second time down the 1/4 mile after I put my 35's on, at least that is what I counted up to. :lol:Before I had them on, it was REALLY FAST!!!!! I would say around mid to high 12's:wacko:

Latest posts