V8 Badge picture request

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Jones

Reaction score
Can someone post pictures of the placement of the V8 badges on their Gen2 ST? I purchases some V6 emblems but I need an idea of placement.

Please take the pics with a ruler so that I can get a idea of distances. I've only got one shot at getting this close to perfect.

Yes, I know I could just keep moving the emblem around until it looks right, but looks right also needs a good place to start. Endulge me please.

Many thanks in advance.

Lemar,

I understand what you are saying, but. Since this is a custom, non OEM aplication.

I have done things like this myself. I was always' pleased with where I placed them.

I just place them where I think looks best. I have been known to move OEM badges to where I think they should be.

Not trying to talk you out of of it. I just believe you might be pleased with your own placement..:supercool:

Thanx, Eddie. I feel you and know exactly where you are coming from. In my heart of hearts, I know you are right.

I'm also an engineer for the USAF and a stickler for documentation. So the fun guy in me who just wants to put the emblems on and go with it is fighting with the engineer in me who knows that there is a placement spec out there somewhere for the V8 emblem. :argue:

I'll place the emblems my next furlough day (Monday) and post the results...and I'll try to leave my rulers, triangles, compasses, chalk lines and grease pencils in the house. :haveabeer:

Here are your requested images. The placement is the same on each side. The side I photographed is the Drivers side.

The back edge of the emblem is at about 3" when measured from the back of the fender.

[Broken External Image]:

This photo shows the crease where I measured the height of the emblem. The tape is in the bottom of the crease on the lower fender.

[Broken External Image]:

And the image of the tape and the emblem showing 17.5" for the height.

[Broken External Image]:

If you need anything else let me know.

Thanx, A1cntrler!! Now you've got me fighting with myself again. :banghead:

This is exactly what I needed! I needed to know the center-line of the V which appears to be 4.25" and the top of the V which is 17.5" from the crease.

Pics to follow as soon as I get it installed. Thanx again. :haveabeer:

Last edited by a moderator: