Vacum pop.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Crone

Reaction score
This is a new one. When i shut my ST down with the a/c or heater running I here what sounds to be something like a vacuum pop sound coming from behind the glove box, weird, whats up.

We have the same thing, reoccured after one fix already. It was either a recall or TSb at the time. I will try to find my paperwork. I think I remeber it being the defroster engaging.

Sondra

Here is the info Bruce, from when we had ours fixed. They replaced the A/C accumulator and O-rings. (lasted us 71K more after the repair)

TSB 08-11-6 A/C Compressor Thump Noise

Issue:

Some 2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac vehicles equipped with non auxiliary climate control my exhibit an intermittent thump or similarly described noise transmitted into the passenger compartment in A/C/Auto/Defrost modes when the A/C Compressor engages.

Last edited by a moderator:
The TSB is for when the compressor engages. While the TSB doesn't specifically mention it, it is usually when it first engages after it has sat for a awhile. The compressor would not be engaging when you shut the vehicle down.

Bruce

Does this noise happen after the engine is already shut off? Also could you fill out your profile a little more so people know what year, model and accessories your ST has.

Ok, I read it as leaving the climate control on when shutting down, then starting up with the compressor thump. We will be getting a quote to get it fixed again.

Latest posts