vacuum cleaners recommendation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS KOPEC

Reaction score
Hey guys! I need to buy a vacuum, I was wondering what u guys think or have? It will be used on carpet and hard wood. I think im going to spend the extra money to buy a good one, that would last. I need something thats good for pet hairs. I know someone that has a kirby, I like those vacuums. Thanz for your time.

K

I bought one of these from woot.com before Christmas. It works very well. It even parks itself back on it's charging base when it's done.

I would recommend any of the Dyson models. They make several different ones, but all are great and get good reviews everywhere I looked before purchasing ours about a year or so ago. We have the original yellow model, works great, and they never loose suction, like most vacuums out there. Hope this helps,,,,,,,,

+1 on the Rainbow, the concept is 2nd to none and gauranteed to truely clean your carpet ad hardwood floors. Have you ever noticed that after you vacuum and the dust settles that your furniture all of the sudden needs to be 'dusted'. Its because standard vacuums (even the ones w/HEPA filters blow fine dust particles rite back into the air. The Rainbow uses water (H2O) to permanently trap dust, dirt, hair, etc.so they can not be reblown into the air. Research the Rainbow......

Edit: Rainbow link added

Last edited by a moderator:
Had Kirby and alot of other vaccumms we thought they where good until we purchased the Dyson DC14. It pulls hair and dirt out of a clean looking carpet.

I can't believe how much dirt/dust it pulls out of the carpet. No particals floating in the air during or after use. Loaned to two friends and they couldn't believe what it was able to pick up after they had used their current vaccumms.

Had Kirby and alot of other vaccumms we thought they where good until we purchased the Dyson DC14. It pulls hair and dirt out of a clean looking carpet.

I can't believe how much dirt/dust it pulls out of the carpet. No particals floating in the air during or after use. Loaned to two friends and they couldn't believe what it was able to pick up after they had used their current vaccumms.

My mom got a set from Oreck (sp?) for Christmas. Came with the 8lb vacuum on TV, a few air purifiers, a few car vacs, etc. She said it's "amazing" and the warranty is pretty good too. Can't remember, but something like 10 years?

DYSON!!! I bought a Dyson DC14 about 6 months ago after great reviews and recommendations. After using it one will find out that other cleaners are only cleaning the surface.

Oreck.. had ours for 6 years now and it still runs great.. my wife used to kill vacuumes every 6-7 months.. the oreck is still kicking... mine came with a 7 year warranty.. you can buy the industrial oreck for under $200, it has a 1 year warranty.. the more you pay the longer the warranty with oreck..

also i saw on the news the otherday that the new sears kenmore progressives got awesome reviews from consumer reports... they run $299..

troy

My wife has an Oreck and loves it. We had a Kirby but it was way too heavy. We had a DirtDevil which worked good but kinda fell apart. Had a Hoover bagless, but it was worthless. We had a Eureka bagless and it worked really great but it to fell to pieces.

We have had the Oreck now for about 6-7 years and it still works great. They have recently came out with a new bag that has a layer of charcoal that removes pet odors instead of blowing them all around the room...They are fantastic and work much better than their old perfume pills.

...Rich

I own a house and window cleaning company, have always used Orecks. Can't beat them for the money. On the board I go to for the breed of dog I own, a lot of people swear by Dysons. Never tried one myself and besides being big and heavy to lug around, they'd be sorta expensive for me seeing as I'd need about 12 of them.

Called my mom and asked, she got the Oreck XL21. Has a 21 year warranty. Came with the vacuum, a smaller portable vacuum, 3 car vacs, an iron, and 2 air purifiers (one of which they gave to me as an Xmas gift and I love it).

Back home we now have 7 dogs and 8 cats. She would go through vacuums about once a year. She has no complaints with this one and it's extremely light.

We also have the Oreck XL21. Along with the 21 year warranty, you can take it in every year for a free tune-up at an Oreck store. And you can't beat the fact that it only weighs eight pounds.

Install a BEAM central vacuum system and never look back! I have had these in my last two houses and will never have another portable vacuum again! Suction power is outrageous. They are quiet. The exhaust is vented outdoors. No bags to buy or deal with.

We've had a Dyson "Ball" Vac since last year and it's fantastic. The Kenmore we had previously was a PITA to clean/empty, and we kept having to replace the $20 filter once dog hair got lodged in it again and again.

The Dyson never clogs (as the commercials say ad nauseum) and is a cinch to empty. The only filter is a sponge-style HEPA filter that you rinse out every 6 months or so.