Vacuum leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy G

Reaction score
Gotta small vacuum leak..

I can't here it at idle, only between about 2 and 3K. Actually, now that I think about it, it seems less dependant on RPM and more dependant on throttle position. Sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the motor, but I haven't dug into it too much.

Are there any lines I should check, or should I just jump into the intake manifold?

Are there any known weak spots I should check first?

I had heard that this particular intake can crack sometimes......if I am going to pull it off, is there an aftermarket unit that I should be putting back on?

Also, right now this is just a noise; no check engine light, no noticable performance difference, just a noise. How urgent should I be with this...I mean, I have a garage, but it is like 16F outside right now, and where I live it probably isn't going to break 35 until March. I don't like messing with gaskets and aluminum/plastic engine components in these kinds of temps.......

Oh, 2001 ST, Job 1 (I think) black OD with white numerals

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have an aftermarket air intake or is the air silencer removed from your airbox? How long have you had the vehicle? The person you bought it from could have removed the silencer. It could just be air getting sucked into the airbox.;)

I have a stock air intake, and I have no idea if the air silencer is on it or not. I will check it out this weekend. I did buy it used, and have had it a few months.

Thanks,