valves are knocking with new tune.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
Took her out today and am having what to me sounds like the valves knocking. Less so than yesterday so Im hoping its learning. a little worried, if it doesnt subside soon Im gonna put it back to stock until I can find out whats going on. She is driving a little bit better though, I think Waynes right, even with the tuner it still needs to learn everything.

Wayne brought that up, cant believe I didnt think of that. I know the intake isnt acting like it should and the valves somehow are acting up. I dont see how either of those are possible from a tune, but I have disconected it and will take it out again. Thanks Rodger.

What do you mean when you say "Intake isn't acting like it should". The intake just sits there. It doesn't do anything. It's a pipe with a filter on the end. Air flows through it where flow volume is a function of throttle position. What do you mean by the "valves acting up". A knocking noise in the 4.0L V6 is often a timing chain problem in the pre '03 engines. Is that what you are hearing? Did you flash you CPU with a performance program and forget to change to a higher octane fuel?

Latest posts