Veterans Day FREE Meals

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Link from Yahoo search . . .

And, These free meals are the hottest tickets (from USAToday.com):

Applebee's. Applebee's is offering a free entree on Wednesday to veterans and all active-duty military from 11 a.m. to midnight at all 1,900 locations. Although Applebee's requests some kind of military ID, "We're not going to argue with folks who might forget to bring it," says Sam Rothschild, senior vice president of operations.

McCormick & Schmick's. For the 11th year in a row, the 87 locations in 25 states are offering free entrees to veterans on Sunday. The chain also requests military ID and highly recommends reservations. The promotion is on Sunday instead of Veterans Day, "because it allows vets to bring their families who might not be available during the week," CEO Bill Freeman says.

Golden Corral. The 485-unit chain is offering free buffet meals including beverage and dessert to current military and vets on Monday, Nov. 16, from 5 to 9 p.m. No military ID is required for its ninth annual Military Appreciation Monday, says Dolly Mercer, national events manager. The event is held on this date, she says, "so we don't interfere with Veterans Day activities."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2009-11-05-vets-free-meals_N.htm

Very cool gesture. Wish more companies would give this kind of support, all year long.

Rodger- I posted pics of the "chrome" nostrils" on the board yesterday (11/10) or in my library. Steve

I go to Golden Corral every year for my free meal. I always take the family to offset the cost and show my appreciation for the meal.

Latest posts