vibration front driveshaft "05 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Any tsb's on the transfercase or its driveshaft? Goodyear dealer claims thats where my vibration is coming from .Steering wheel shakes and seat/whole car shakes 30 up to and beyond 75mph I already had the aluminum drive shaft rear fix. It totally stopped vibes from the rear. I know Goodyear oem tires are junk. They have 8K on em and are freshly balanced and the vehicle still shakes. They jacked up my ST and ran it in 4 wheel drive up to 75 mph- And Even tho I could see that ALL the tires have slight run out problems and also don't track perfectly straight while they were spinning in the air w/no load-the GY dealer claims they aren't the problem. HELP!

Steering wheel shake along with the vibration, can also be a sign of extremly worn tie rods or steering rack wear...that type of shake usually starts at 30 to 40 mph...

i agree with fast eddie..i had almost the same thing on my '01 S/T and found that the whole wheel assembly had to be replaced...look into that!

My o5 ST 4X4 does the exact same thing. It starts with a humming sound and you can feel every shake from the drivetrain to the tires. My dealer replaced the original Goodyears at 100 miles due to them being out of round. The new ones are no better. I also had them do the aluminum driveshaft. One of the vibrations got better. The tires still shake and the driveline still vibrates. I read somewhere on this site that it could be an out of round rear axle. I am just tolerating it right now.

My selling Ford dealer is going to hook up a $hit load of computer connected recording sensors on my ST then drive it around for 20 miles. He claims that it will provide a read out of everything that is vibrating and their origins.This is supposed to happen next week sometime. Will keep you posted...

Vibration update! No driveline issues were found at all.To make a point short and simple- The dealer confirmed- As I :angry:already suspected- 3 of the oem $hityear tires are FUBAR at only 8K miles! My dealer is checking into replacing them for me when the dist rep comes into town next week...